P.O. Box 277 Mescalero, NM 88340
Phone: (575) 464 -9202 Fax: (575) 464-4333
The WIOA Program is temporarily located in the Activity Hall across from the Human Resource office. WIOA office numbers are still (575) 464-9217 & 464-9202.
On July 22, 2014 President Barack Obama sign into law WIOA – Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act. This act was passed by Congress by a wide bipartisan majority and had been implemented on July 1, 2015; this is the first legislative reform of the public workforce system in more than 15 years. WIOA replaced the WIA Program on July 1, 2015. The WIOA Program is to help job seekers and worker access employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market and match employers with skilled workers they need to compete in the global economy.
To be eligible for services under the WIOA Programs you will need to meet the following requirements: Native American, be low income in a “high” poverty area, live within the geographical service area along with other documents that are needed.
The WIOA Program wants to provide job seekers with skilled employees so the following services are offered:
- Adult Work Experience (nine week program): Will assign a temporary worksite to help gain useful work skills and with a change of permanent employment.
- Classroom Training: will assist individuals with GED attainment, or earn an Accredited Credential (2 year AA Degree, or a Credential from a nationally recognized institute).
- Supportive Services: Provide the individual with transportation, child care and need-related payments, that are necessary to enable the individual to stay employed.
Xổ số miền bắc dự đoán kết quả xổ sốWIOA also has a youth component the Supplemental Youth Services for youth between the ages of 14 – 24. The WIOA Act increased the youth age from 14 – 21 to 14 – 24 years old. Also, in the Act it requires that grantees spend 75% of its formal funding on out-of-school youth and 20% towards in-school youth.
The eligibility requirements are similar as the Adult component; must be Native American, low-income in a “high” poverty area and live within the geographical area also, we require a birth certificate for proof of age.
Xổ số miền bắc dự đoán kết quả xổ sốUnder WIOA-SYSP, the following activities are allowed for out-of-school youth:
- Work Experience: Will assign a temporary worksite to help gain useful work skills.
- Classroom Training: Will assist individuals with GED attainment or accredited credential from a recognized institution. Incentives will be offered for recognition and achievement.
- Supportive Services: assist individuals in the area of transportation, child care and any other related needs that will help the individual become successful.
Mescalero Apache Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act has funding available for your training needs, books and supplies!
Need a G.E.D?
Need Career Training?
Xổ số miền bắc dự đoán kết quả xổ sốWe will assist with Driver’s License if you are a WIOA participate!
[dropshadowbox align=”center” effect=”lifted-both” width=”65%” height=”” background_color=”#e7efff” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]Call or visit us today! (575) 464-9202 148 Cottonwood Dr. Mescalero, NM 88340[/dropshadowbox]